Any work injury that requires continuing treatment will require that you travel to and from the doctor, physical therapy appointments, and picking up prescriptions. The cost of fuel and wear and tear on your vehicle can add up. The good news is that the workers’ comp insurance company is required to reimburse you at the governmental rate for the miles you travel related to your work injury.

Many insurance companies will not just voluntarily pay for mileage reimbursement. My recommendation is that you keep detailed records of travel and submit them to the insurance adjuster on a monthly basis. If they refuse to pay or just don’t respond, it may be time to contact an attorney.

If an attorney is involved on your behalf, they will most likely pay as they should. If they don’t pay, your attorney should file a Motion to Compel the payments. If they still do not pay, a judge will decide. Most of these hearings will take place within 2 weeks of filing.


“Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts”
– Winston Churchill