Insurance companies often try to deny Mississippi workers’ compensation claims. They will try to steer you to doctors who do not have your best interest at heart and try to get you to return to work before you are ready. Having an attorney in your corner is always a good idea. Our team will handle obtaining your medical records, reviewing your records, speaking to witnesses, consulting experts, and providing you with the sound advice you need to succeed.
At Rundlett Law Firm, PLLC we strive to make the process of signing us up to help you as easy as possible. We can meet in person, on the phone, or on a video conference to discuss your case. Any documents you need to sign can be easily signed from your computer or smart device. You will never have to compensate us out of your own pocket.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Commercial Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
- Premises Liability
- Serious Injury
Things You Should Know If Injured By Someone Else’s Bad Acts:
- If you are hurting in any way, go immediately to a doctor. Delays in treatment will hurt your case. If your doctor tells you to return on a date certain, make sure you do so. If your doctor refers you to a specialist, go!
- Be honest with your doctor. Don’t try to be tough, and don’t try to make things seem worse than they are. Honesty will help you in the long run.
- Take pictures of any evidence or injuries immediately. Do not let evidence disappear!
- Do not speak to anyone but your doctor and your attorney about the facts of your case. Even family members can be called as witnesses.
- Do not accept an offer of settlement from an insurance company without speaking to an attorney first.
- You may be entitled to money compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, pain and suffering, and loss of enjoyment of life.
- If you were in a car wreck caused by the other party and that person has limited insurance, you may be able to get money from your own, uninsured motorist policy.
- Do not post anything on social media! The insurance company will look, I promise.
- A good attorney will try to negotiate a settlement before filing a formal lawsuit, but is also not afraid to file if the insurance company will not be reasonable.
- If a formal lawsuit must be filed, it will be filed in the county where the accident occurred or where the at fault party resides. This can be a very important decision for the outcome of your case.